Friday 23 May 2008

Back home

Jeannette and I were up at 5:00am and went for breakfast early as our taxi was to pick us up at 6:00am.
We had our breakfast and waited for the taxi which didn't turn up at the time agreed.
After 3 phone calls and a threat to cancel it arrived.
The operator at the taxi rank had told us our flight had changed from 9:05am to 9:25am which was not true as he wanted to justify arriving at 7:00am.
This was not good enough so the threat went well and they arrived at 6:25am, 25 minutes later than agreed.
I am terrible with passports and tickets, I like everything to be under control, my stress levels were rising by now but with Jeannette with me to keep me calm, I survived it.
We made it back to Bristol and it was a good flight. When I got in doors I was greeted with a hug from Siobhan and a letter from the family tax credit agency....yippee....we have been over charged again.
I was very upset to be greeted with this as it was not the time to deal with it. Apparently we owed them over £1000 and they wanted it back although they had already put over £2000 in my bank the week before.
They are crazy, it was because Kieran's dad and I are now divorced and it is 2 seperate claims.
I don't think this department realises how much it screws up peoples minds with stresses like this.
I am now going to try and destress and chill out. I was going to return to work tomorrow but I might just give myself 1 more day as I feel so tired.