Monday 19 May 2008

We have landed!

I got up early this morning and sorted out all my packing and passports (did the checks again!)
I met Jeannette at 7:15am and we made our way to Bristol airport.
We booked ourselves in and went to look around the shops, we went to check in and heard that our flight would be delayed so we took advantage of a cuppa while we waited.
Soon the tannoy announced our flight was ready, we were so excited. We boarded and it wasn't long before we were off.
The journey was very smooth, we had a connecting taxi to the hotel which was also very smooth.( the taxi driver looked very much like Jim, the travel agent - Jim said he was his cousin Fritz... : )
We booked in and knew we were going to have a problem with the language. We didn't have to worry because the locals are very good with their English...better than my German!!
I called the clinic to ask the address and booked a taxi to take us.
It is the university hospital and my appointment is at 12:00pm tomorrow.
I am looking forward to meeting Professor Vogl and finding out more about the procedures.
Jeannette and I ventured out into the big wide world not knowing where we were heading.
We ended uo in what I think is the red light district!!
Lots of shops offering all sorts of goodies for lonely people...oooerr!!
We got lost coming back to the hotel as a local had directed us on the wrong tram. We did eventually get back to the hotel and had a lovely shower and settled down for the night.