Friday 20 June 2008

Good news from Germany!

Well....it has happened....It's official, Theo Loves Germany!!!
I went to see Professor Vogl this morning and first of all, decided to go to the toilet as I was feeling very nervous, and then it happened.....I got stuck in the loo!!!
I was banging on the door and shouting for Jeanette and thought "oh no....will anyone miss me" , Jeanette came to the rescue and got a nurse/doctor.
I eventually managed to unlock the door, the lock had got stuck....phew!!!!I then went into the theatre and Professor Vogl asked me how I was feeling and I told him I was feeling very well.
I also told him that I felt my breathing was much better and was not sure if it was the tumour shrinking or if it was psychological thinking.
He said there had been, in his words, "a significant change" and my breathing getting better was what he had seen.
We were very excited and after around 6-7 hours, we went to see him.
He told us it had shrunk 10%!!!!
we were exstatic, he was so wonderful and even let Jeanette take a picture of him!
The second treatment went very well. This is the best day I have had for a long time, it is up there beside having my 3 beautiful babies.

Thank you Professor Vogl, your brilliant!

Professor Vogl has told me that there are Drs in the UK who will do the dendritic cells vaccine and to ask Dr Callebout for some names. I will do that when I get back. I am glad really as it will be more expensive with flights and hotels included in every treatment.