Saturday 26 April 2008

Can't Sleep

It is 3.00am in the morning(feel like I am going to burst into song.... : ) and I have just taken some more pain killers as the pain in my shoulder is quite bad.
It reminds me of the pains I had when I first started the symptoms back in 1994.
I think my Asthma has kicked in and at the advice and fear of my great friend, Julie, I will not be going to work but I will be making an appointment at the emergency surgery this morning.
I am hoping they don't say that I have to go into hospital as I don't want to do that. If I can get rid of this pain in my shoulder, it will be easier to live with. I am also going to contact my McMillan nurse next week and see if there is any support I can have with sorting out the house and the family as I am sure I am doing too much.
Dr Callebout would be tearing his hair out if he could see me now. He thinks I should be relaxing and leaving any stressful activities to someone else, he told me to delegate....who to?
I like going to work and don't like taking time off.
Sometimes I will have to but the only reason I am doing it is because of the pain and the breathlessness.
The inhalers are not touching the asthma so I may need some steroids to kick it into touch.
Poor Theo (my tumour) has been getting the grief for it and I don't think it is him who is playing up!
It feels like the pain killers are starting to work as I am feeling tired and the pain has diminished to what it was. Yesterday morning I took them and scared myself by dropping off to sleep and letting out a huge snore! I looked around but there was no one else to blame as I was on my own!!
Well....I am off to sleep now and will add more tomorrow