Tuesday 26 August 2008

Remembering my dad.


My dad was a great Jim Reeves fan. When my sisters and I were younger, that was all we heard.
There is a radio in the bedroom at the cottage and it is has an alarm on it.
I heard it on and went in the bedroom to switch it off. I stopped and sat on the bed and listened as tears rolled down my face. I heard Jim Reeves singing "I love you because" and felt like my dad was in the room with me.
I am a very big sceptic and don't believe in anything unless I have proof.
This was so weird but it felt like it was a message. This all happened just after I had written my blog.
If it was you dad, thanks, it was just what I needed and I love you so much too..

Remembering my father

Philip Northmore
1937 - 2006


My father died 2 years ago today and it feels like I am reliving that day again. The pain hasn't gone away. I still miss him so much.
To this day I have always thought that chemotherapy took him from us. It destroyed every cell in his body, good or bad, and brought this wonderful man to his knees. It turned a very young 68 year old into something he never was, a frail old man.

I will light a candle to his memory today and when I get back home, I will visit the cemetery and lay some flowers for him.

Dad, If your listening, I love and I know you are around, I can feel you. I know you are supporting me through this time in my life and you give me the strength to fight back and help others in my situation. Together we will make a difference.
Thinking of you always and never forgetting you

Debbie x x